Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ya gotta love it



When you hear cuteness kid say "help me pwease" and you turn around and see this



Can you tell that his shirt is soaking? Well, it is. As is the rest of him. As you can see he is trying to take his shirt off and needs help. What you can't see is that he already successfully removed the rest of his clothing.

Perhaps I should give a little history. We put our kiddie pool up against the fence, you know, so it wouldn't get full of rain water. At some point it must have decided to not be up against the fence because it is a pool after all and should be full of water, especially when lots of rain is coming. So, yesterday, I have three boys come into the house, dripping water, saying they need a shower. They most certainly do. I promptly go to dump water out of said pool. Not so easy when it is FULL of heavy water.

No problem, there's a plug, I'll pull it out. It's stuck, no good. Lots of lifting and shifting to get even some of it to spill over and out to make it easier. Maybe got a gallon. Maybe not. Not working so much. Cuteness kid running around backyard without clothes on. Ushering back to shower, and making sure they stay there until they are good and clean and smelling nice. While the pool is still FULL of lots of water. Out of sight, out of mind. Still was today when the boys and their friend that I was watching went out back to play...

Am I a bad mom for posting these?



Thank you Matthew for keeping your clothes on.


Cuteness kid that doesn't belong in my numbering system.


Cuteness kid #3 making one of his faces. I always forget the intent behind them because they always change. But they always make me laugh.


So, I did what anyone would do. Swimsuits = I don't have to shower you right now just to shower you in 20 minutes when you do the same thing again 'cuz I'm to weak to dump out the swimming pool.



And just 'cuz I know you were wondering...


3 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

wow! cutness kid #4 is remarkably similar to my darling kid #2..... they could get into a lot of trouble together- too bad we don't live closer! hah! And, for the record, i think i would eat the yummy cookies even with the bite taken out of each one- they looked DELICIOUS!!!

Winn Family said...

ha ha ha! Good times huh? I'm glad you're so cool!

Dawnell said...

David and I had so much fun catching up with your blog just now! Your kids are just too much fun. We read your entire "wall" and it is hilarious! And I can totally see why Jayden's diarrhea/poop quote is a family fav.