Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And the results are in

We know you are all dying to know what happed. We were going to just post the video up, but the program we need seems to no longer be on our computer. The disc to put it on our computer seems to have disappeared. (Not totally convinced that cuteness #4 did not dispose of it. He went [is maybe still going through] a phase where he likes to just throw things away.)

We'll try not to deprive you to the best of our ability. So here is what happened.


***


I put the cookies in a dish on the counter and told them to come get one. Matthew is the first to grab one and start to walk away. He examines it and then goes to switch it for a different one.


Mikayla: "Okay, don't take a bite out of them and then...
(she pauses here and it looks like she is starting to notice that maybe not all is right.) ...put them back, Matt."


At this point Ethan grabs a cookie and starts eating and watching Mikayla while she is talking.


Matthew: "No, these were already bite."


Mikayla: "Well, don't bite them again."
(She starts shuffling through the cookies, finally picks one and just kind of holds it up to her mouth.)


Jayden starts searching through the cookies, picking them up one at a time to examine them, sets it down and reaches for another. Finally he says:


Jayden: "Umm, why are all of them bitten, mom?"


I am trying to hold back a laugh, but not all that successfully.


Jayden: Now with a smile on his face as sees me laughing. "Mom, why are all of them bitten?"


Me: "Ethan got into them last night."


Lots of laughing and giggling as Jayden justs grabs a cookie and they all start munching away.


Me: "Is that funny Ethan?"


Ethan:
With a big smile on his face and a mouthful of cookie, "I bit!"


***

And to end with a picture


I'll give you one guess as to who I found gagging on a glob of dough literally minutes before I put the bread in the oven. Anyone, anyone???

5 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

Okay, that one actually made David and I wet our pants. That is hysterical!The dough? Are you kidding me? We just about died! Thanks for sharing.

Becky Jo said...

Oooo! Oooo! Was it Jay!? My second guess would be cute kid #4! ;)
You kids are so stinkin hilarious!
Liberty always asks me to retell the stories from your blog! Keep 'em coming, cause I know there are plenty! Your kids always provide plenty of comedic material for your blog!
Love you guys
P.S. if the kids don't want the rest of the cookies, mail them to me! I love those cookies!

Winn Family said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! I love your family!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Yummy dough... I'd prefer the cookies though! Cute (and hilarious) story!

Swilor Family said...

Holarious. I hope you find a way to put up the video, I can't wait. Did you still cook the bread? Of course you did - lol - how did it taste?! Miss you all bunches. So, right next to where I add a comment I see the quote, "Boogers always come back." Bahaha! Amen to that! You guys are cool.